Saturday, November 17, 2007

Times Square


I went to the city again this week for another Discover New York project I needed to do on Times Square. I needed to go there to take pictures and than I have to do research on the area. Again my boyfriend came with me because he didn't want to stay home alone.
When we first got off the ferry and headed to the subway I was really nervous because I read a book in Discover New York called The Mole People that was about the homeless that live in the subway system. I was scared I'd see them and they would try to get me to come into their underground community. My boyfriend told me that was a rediculous fear.
When we got to Times Square we walked around for a bit and I took pictures of some of the more popular places. Then we went into M&M World, Hearshy World, and Toy's R Us. I was really surprised to see how big M&M World was, it's like 3 floors all of M&M suff. We also saw the workers from the Broadway shows that are on strike, I think they are being selfish. We also went to the Virgin Megga Store. I've never been there before, and when we got to the DVD section with all the Disney DVDs it was like having two 5 year olds running around. After that we went to eat. Afer we ate it was getting dark so I took some more pictures for my project and we headed home. This trip was a lot better than the last time we went for my project, at least this time I didn't feel that much like a tourist.

No comments: