Saturday, September 29, 2007

Shea Stinks

I am not a Met fan, I am a Yankee fan. My father loves the Yankees so I grew up watching them. His security company happens to do the security for Yankee Stadium so I have been to many Yankee games through my whole life. Although I am a Yankee fan, i do not dislike the Mets. Unlike many Mets fans I hope the Mets do well. If the Yankees can't win I want the Mets to.
Friday night I went to Shea Stadium for the game (i got the tickets for free for giving blood). After getting lost on the way there, twice, i finally go there and thought "why do people come here?". I'm sorry to all you Mets fans but that stadium is terrible. Thank God they are building a new one. I couldn't help but compare it to Yankee Stadium, which I've been dozens of times. And I must say there security is terrible compared to Yankee Stadium.
Not only was I in a horrible stadium but the Mets played a horrible game. Never in my life have I witnessed a pitcher walk someone home and hit someone with the ball to bring yet another person home. The pitcher hit about four players within the first three innings. I was ashamed to be there, i could only imagine how real Mets fans felt.
I can honestly say I don't believe anyone will ever catch me at that stadium again.

No comments: