Monday, September 24, 2007

Rest In Peace


Today is a very difficult day for me. Today is the one year anniversary of the death of one of my best friends in the word. His name is Robert D'Amato. He got killed outside a club on Bay St. at a friends going away party. He was only 18 years old.

I met Rob when I was in the 6th grade, he was in the 7th. He had a crush on my best friend Brittany, who I've been best friends with since we were about 7 or 8. She was 12 when they started going out. He wasn't only my best friends boyfriend, he was my best friend. I was always able to go to him for anything, there was nothing I didn't talk to him about. He always said I was his favorite besides Brittany. And he always said it was like he had two girlfriends, a two for one deal. They were boyfriend and girlfriend up until the day he died.

Needless to say I've had a very hard time with this. I've come to realize that you can't take people like that for granted because you never know when you'll lose them. I love him, miss him, and think about him everyday. I know he'll never really leave me, I know he's up here watching us, and i know he listens when I talk to him because he always did. Rest In Peace Robbie.


"I'll keep you locked in my head until we meet again ... and time makes it harder, i wish i could remember, but I keep your memory, you visit me in my sleep" R.I.P Robbie 8/27/88 - 9/24/06

2 comments:

Michelle said...

I feel compassion for the writer because I could feel her pain from just reading her blog entry. The blog shows how her friend's death impacted her life and how nothing has been the same since the day he past away. Although I did not personally know Robbie, it is a sad thing that happened to him, you never want to hear something like that happen, especially to an eighteen year old who has his whole life to live.

Michelle said...

I feel compassion for the writer because I could feel her pain from just reading her blog entry. The blog shows how her friend's death impacted her life and how nothing has been the same since the day he past away. Although I did not personally know Robbie, it is a sad thing that happened to him, you never want to hear something like that happen, especially to an eighteen year old who has his whole life to live.